Learn how KanBo ensures security with these advanced features that reduce risk and build competitive advantage.
Microsoft Outlook KanBo AddIn
Stay productive with KanBo while working in Outlook
Quickly create, edit, and comment on KanBo cards without leaving your Outlook. Turn email into actionable items and keep your team on track to make sure important emails never escape your team’s notice.
The Microsoft Outlook KanBo AddIn integration using your Microsoft Exchange server allows you to:
- Use content from your email messages to quickly create KanBo cards including To-do Lists, Comments and Notes
- Assign users, add or change the due date, labels, list or status of a KanBo card directly from Outlook
- Use the information contained by emails to edit and extend existing KanBo cards
- Choose and add attachments from your email messages to existing or new KanBo cards
- You can even choose a card template that will be applied when creating a card out of email
KanBo’s Microsoft Outlook AddIn allows KanBo and Outlook to work hand in hand, giving a new dimension to ordinary emails and turning them into something truly useful for the entire team.
Microsoft Teams Integration
Extending Microsoft Teams through best of breed work management platform
Add KanBo to your Microsoft Teams strategy and create a detailed work management environment built to break productivity records. Employees can benefit from the union of two powerful platforms with a dramatic improvement in performance due to increased transparency and clearly defined work contexts.
KanBo and Office 365 Groups
KanBo can deeply integrate into the Office 365 Groups concept that sets the foundation for Teams and Channels within the Microsoft Teams. KanBo reuses the preexisting resources of the Team/Group to access and store documents.
Here are some ways in which KanBo effectively meshes with Microsoft Office 365/Teams to deliver remarkable results:
- Authenticating Users Microsoft Teams and KanBo leverage the same Azure Active Directory of the Office 365 tenant to authenticate users. The multiple KanBo Boards attached to a Team/Group inherit the permissions from the user management of the Team/Group so Microsoft Teams has total control over KanBo Boards.
- Document Sharing KanBo can access and attach all documents that are stored within a Team/Group to KanBo Cards without copying them – this also works vice versa where documents uploaded to KanBo cards can be accessed by Microsoft Teams channels.
- KanBo as a Side Application You can also configure KanBo as a side application to Microsoft Teams within your Office 365 tenant and have its own Document storage within a dedicated SharePoint Site Collection. KanBo will have its own user management per Board also leveraging the Azure Active Directory since it is part of the Office 365 tenant. In both integration scenarios the same powerful integration capabilities are available.
KanBo Teams Integration Capabilities
- Adaptive Cards,
- Messaging extensions
- Task modules
- Deep links
- Activity feed integrations
- The powerful KanBo Bot named “K” [keɪ].
KanBo Bot: K – your Digital Advisor
K goes far beyond a regular bot executing simple tasks such as creating new KanBo cards, sending notifications, adding comments, or setting due dates. Here are some amazing things made possible with K:
- K is modeled as a true digital advisor.
- It can identify critical paths and suggest work or milestones that require your full attention.
- It can also estimate project impacts and delays caused by unavailability and other reasons.
- Instead of creating reports, employees can interact with K within Teams using natural language for real-time insights.
Powered by a Machine Learning conversional framework, K learns the individual contexts of employees to fuel individual and group conversations within Microsoft Teams. The result is a never before seen form of synergy and alignment caused by essential insights and actionable information. Explore the unprecedented example of AI extending the possibilities of humans.
Delve Search Integration
KanBo search powered by Office Graph and Delve
Delve looks across the entire Office 365 tenant including SharePoint sites, OneDrive for Business sites and email attachments for documents to present relevant results based on search algorithms and signals from the Office Graph AI.
KanBo uses Delve resources to unearth personalized document results to help employees find documents within their work context. Delve’s results enrich the KanBo experience and allow you to not only see the most relevant contexts inside of KanBo but also across your entire Office 365 ecosystem – all in one place – creating the comprehensive KanBo Search UX.
Automate KanBo with an easy, point-and-click workflow engine
Nintex makes it easy to automate processes throughout your organization. The drag-and-drop, code-free design experience makes it possible for users to build and publish workflows and forms easily and quickly.
There are more than 60 Nintex KanBo custom actions available right in the Nintex drag & drop workflow designer. These actions can be used to execute most of the KanBo functions from Nintex, some of those include:
- Creating an entire Board a KanBo Board Template
- Marking a To-do list item as complete
- Uploading a Document to a KanBo Card
- Sending a comment into the Card Activity Stream
- & much more.
With Nintex you can easily execute your workflow while receiving regular status updates, collaborate with other users, and get process-related insights on KanBo Boards in real time. Nintex controls the workflow and KanBo visualizes the flow and enables collaboration around it. Together, they form a truly unique approach for simplifying complex business processes without losing their depth.
KanBo integrates with the on-premises and the cloud version of Nintex products.
KanBo as part of your low-code Business Process Management suite
Business processes are complex and keeping all process participants on the same page can be quite a challenge especially when it comes to long duration workflows. The integration of FireStart’s process and workflow management with the strong visualization and UX of KanBo creates a new discipline of business applications.
Easily Build Workflows
Control your workflow execution while receiving regular status updates, collaborate with other users, and get process-related insights with FireStart integration on KanBo Boards in real time. Most of the KanBo functions can be executed with the 60+ FireStart custom activities available right in the FireStart drag & drop workflow designer.
Process shaping often requires a great deal of time and resources to reach the final version. With KanBo there is a collaborative way of process shaping.
Once the process shape in KanBo has proven to be usable and does not change anymore it can be automatically transferred to FireStart. There you can carry out fine-grained modelling of this process, so it becomes an executable workflow. Be the first to take advantage of this unique approach to develop your business process collaboratively in production environments.
KanBo integrates with the on-premises and the cloud version of FireStart.
A scalable and secure content infrastructure for KanBo
With Egnyte you get a scalable and secure content infrastructure to store KanBo documents using single sign on (SSO) experience (i.e. with Active Directory or any other authentication provider). Here’s what you can get with KanBo’s integration with the Egnyte environment:
- KanBo automatically creates folders in Egnyte for storing Board documents and syncs the KanBo Board user permissions to Egnyte.
- All document operations like upload, download, edit in Egnyte, etc. are supported and all version changes of documents are shown in the KanBo Card activity stream.
- Egnyte’s search results also show up in KanBo’s powerful search UX using Egnyte’s document full text indexing engine capabilities.
- You can attach and work with documents in KanBo Cards from any Egnyte folder utilizing the document sources concept.
Import Data from everywhere
Bring disparate data sources to create a centralized work context
With KanBo you can centralize scattered data, drive collaboration, provide real-time visibility into multiple business systems, and empower your team to be more efficient through effective work execution.
KanBo cards transform your plain data into an actionable and powerful source that enhances visibility and encourages efficiency. KanBo provides the capability to unite your platforms by importing data from your enterprise systems ERP, CRM, database and more into KanBo.
- Centralize your information by simply downloading it from any system to a CSV file, Excel spreadsheet or Google sheet that can be brought into KanBo.
- Save time, reduce errors, eliminate hours spent sorting, filtering and copying data from other systems into KanBo Cards.
- Automatically merge or replace data from a third-party application, like Excel, into KanBo without the need to manually copy and paste.
The Data Importer works with Excel files, or virtually any CRM, ERP, LDAP, database or project management tool that can export to .csv.